Layne

Default Small shop dust control.

I agree with Clarke. You need a good dust collector in any enclosed
woodshop. But even a good dust collector won't get every thing and
doesn't work with every task (like sanding) and doesn't capture
airborn dust floating around. I thought about using a Hunter air
purifier like those sold at OSH. Their filters are relatively cheap.
An even cheaper alternative is to buy a cheap (i.e. used) box fan and
build a simple wooden bracket so it can accept one of those 3M furnace
filters. Heck, you could buy to box fans and, set on high could move
about as much air as those air filters sold by Delta and Jet.

Layne

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 02:07:01 -0600, "Ellestad"
wrote:

Has anyone considered using a consumer "air purifier" to eliminate dust in a
small shop?