Tom Watson

Default Chessman

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:49:23 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

Tom:

I'd be interested in a running dialog on this project of yours. I made a few
chessboards a while back and am toying with trying to make a set of men..You
could either scare me or encourage me...not sure which way it'll fall right
now g!.

Rob

I'll be right along with you, Rob. I've no expertise in this kind of
wooddorking. It does seem like an interesting project, though.

I'm most looking forward to the challenge of the Knights.

My carving experience is limited to furniture details like shells and
such, which are pretty geometrical and thus easy to do.

A horses head is a whole 'nuther kettle o'fish.

Will update as progress (or frustration) is made.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret)
Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Website: http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1