Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Off N Pop, versus the Jesus Method

On 2/14/2011 5:24 PM JIMMIE spake thus:

On Feb 14, 6:34 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I had the privilege of watching a grey haired, experinced
electrician work. The task of the moment was replacing some
electrical sockets at the church. He had a "doctor bag" of all
kinds of fun items. He walked up to one socket that needed to be
replaced. Out of his bag of tricks, he pulled a rig that was a
junction box, with a neon bulb and a big push button. This
connected to about a foot of wire, and a three bladed plug.

He put the plug into the socket, and the neon bulb lit up. He took
hold of the juncion box, and pushed the button. I heard a circuit
breaker go "KLUNK" down the hall, and the neon bulb went off. I
realized at that moment what happened, he had shorted out the
breakerr and now the socket was safe to work on. Seriously kewl!

I used to have a device called a "fool killer" an extension cord that
the female end had been replaced with gator clips. I think your device
ranks right up there with that one.

I've got one of those things now. Just used it the other day.

*However*, I only use it in the privacy of my own home, and I would
never recommend that anyone else use such a killer device.

So it appears that the overwhelming consensus of opinion here is that
Stormie's electrician's little trick is pretty idiotic. No surprise there.

--
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet