Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Removing broken screws from concrete ...

"Lobster" wrote in message
On 14/02/2011 20:39, Jethro wrote:

I pity the poor sod who tries to drill holes where the broken screws
are - although I suspect that when it needs maintenance or
refurbishing, the poor sod will be me.

[...]

What would people here do ? Or is the only guranteed answer to smash
the concrete to pieces, and relay where needed ?

Assuming the broken screws are flush with the surface[1] and not causing
anyone any harm, then I'd leave them the hell alone!

I agree 100%.

One time I absolutely had to remove a coach screw that was sheared off level
with a concrete post I used the old engineers trick of puddle welding a
square of steel to the stub and using it like a new head. In theory the same
trick would work with steel screws in a concrete floor.

Mike