Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The best laid plans of Rock Salt and Drains

Wow! Real life experience.

Maybe use the root remover stuff from the hardware, instead?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Noel" wrote in message

Where did you come up with this idea?

I work for a D.O.T. We brine our interstates b/4 a snow
storm @ a rate of
20 gallons per lane mile. I'll put down an average of 30+
tons of salt,
prewetting at a rate of 10 gallons of brine per ton during a
12 hr shift.
Typically, a 40 lane mile interstate will get anywhere from
100 to 120 tons
of salt thrown down in a 24 hr period. We don't have a bit
of problem with
weeds/trees/grass growing along the interstates. We have to
mow/weedwack/ &
spray to kill the stuff.

I'd take a serious look at wasting anymore of your time, in
an attempt to
kill a tree pouring brine water down a sewer.