Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc
Felicity S. Felicity S. is offline

Default C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted*

ARWadsworth wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Could you expand on why horses are more susceptible than humans
please Andrew?

They're big animals, so more of a potential difference (a larger
voltage, in other words) appears between the front and hind legs. The
current then travels through the body via the heart. Result: dogmeat.

A human standing on the same ground only has the p.d. developed
between their feet. And humans don't as a rule wear shoes with metal
soles.

The Sun has a theory. Quote "The two which died were shod in steel
whilst the survivors were wearing less-conductive aluminium."

My theory is the two which died stood facing towards or away from the
power line; the survivors stood more-or-less parallel, so electrically
each animal was a pair of bipeds with little current in the torso.

Fliss

--
He said: You gotta fight fire with fire, spread around a raunchy nickname
for her. What's that girl's name again? He said: Regina Tucker.