Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default Why don't ovens have temp gauges

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 14, 10:03 am, "
wrote:
clipped

BTW, why is called pre-heating? pre means before. We're not doing
anything "before" heating the oven, we're just *heating* the oven as
soon as we turn it on.

Bringing the oven up to temp before putting the food in the oven.

I know what the term is used for but think about the term itself.

The prefix "Pre" means "means earlier or before" therefore pre-heating
means "before heating".

Based on that, I'd wager that the vast majority of the ovens in the
world are in a "pre-heating" state right now - if they are not heating
at this time but will eventually be, then they are in a "before
heating" or pre-heating state.

As soon as we turn our ovens on, they enter the "heating" stage, not
the pre-heating stage.

what would you call the process then: pre-putting-food-in, or ppfi for
short?