Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The best laid plans of Rock Salt and Drains

On Feb 14, 10:10*am, Vic Smith
wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 06:49:57 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:

I go upstairs to discover that my daughter woke up with a fever and
took the day off from school!

So much for a solid 7 hours of salt water sitting in the drain. I
swear I heard the roots snickering as I left the house.

One flush probably won't matter anyway.
Are you sure that shower dumps into the sewer line?
Have to use the toilet for the salt in my place.
Sink line (all but toilets) goes to a catch basin first.

--Vic

"One flush probably won't matter anyway"

It wasn't the 1 flush that I was "concerned" with. It's the shower
she'll take, the other flushes, etc.

The point of my attempt at humor was that I was planning on 7 hours of
no movement in the drain and instead there will someone home using
water.

It's really no big deal, just another perfect plan gone awry.

"Are you sure that shower dumps into the sewer line?"

100% sure.

Besides the fact that when I upgraded the shower I had to move the old
drain by jack-hammering the slab (so I know exactly how it is plumbed)
I do not have a catch basin. I've snaked the line enough to know the
drain accessible through the cleanout that is right outside the
basement shower goes directly to pipe that goes to the street.