Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default How to properly dispose of CFLs

On Feb 14, 5:38*am, dgk wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:56:51 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
Good question. *In my area:
http://www.northhempsteadny.gov/cont...4435/5474.aspx
Fourth on the list.

In yours:
The City of Houston will accept fluorescent light bulbs and tubes from
residents at the North and South Environmental Service Centers and the
Westpark Consumer Recycling Center.

For more information and directions found via the links below...
ESC North
5614 Neches, Building C
ZIP Code 77026

ESC South
11500 South Post Oak
ZIP Code 77035

Westpark CRC
5900 Westpark
ZIP Code 77057

Why would I take a burned-out (or whatever keeps them from functioning) CFL
to my recycling center when I could mail it to my congressman along with a
note saying "You know what you can do with this!"

I generally leave recyclable stuff in my car (batteries, lights,
plastic bags, etc) and whenever I happen to be at Home Depot I drop
them off. Is that really so hard to do?- Hide quoted text -

Yep but where I live the recycling is very limited. There is a
convenient drop-off right in town but only for cans, aluminum cans,
cardboard, news paper. I am keeping a coffee can for used batteries,
dunno if they will take those or not. I alsohave a basement with a
lot of E-scrap. That I can only get rid of by hauling to the next
town (30 mile roundtrip) Somehow I always forget to load it up when I
am going that ways.

Sure would be nice to have a spot for plastic recyclables.

Harry K