Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Plumbing keeps popping

On Feb 14, 3:23*pm, Tabby wrote:
40mm compression fitting, an elbow, keeps popping off, but I cant find
anything wrong with it. It gets done up firmly each time, but still
comes off. The only thing I suspect about it is that the pipe that
comes out is restrained about 8 feet away, so perhaps it pushes
sideways (not in & out) in the compression fitting when it warms up.
That's really the only idea I have. The fitting is most likely from
screwfix, toolsatan or wickes.

Any ideas?

NT

Tighten up more. If all elese fails, solder the olive to the pipe. I
assume it is copper?
If it is plastic, you need a metal insert that goes inside the pipe to
stop collapse and let the olive bite. They come from the p[ipe
supplier.

The larest sizes of compression fitting don't have a single nut, they
have a ring of bolts for this reason. (Talking copper again)