Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing keeps popping

"Tabby" wrote in message
40mm compression fitting, an elbow, keeps popping off, but I cant find
anything wrong with it. It gets done up firmly each time, but still
comes off. The only thing I suspect about it is that the pipe that
comes out is restrained about 8 feet away, so perhaps it pushes
sideways (not in & out) in the compression fitting when it warms up.
That's really the only idea I have. The fitting is most likely from
screwfix, toolsatan or wickes.

Any ideas?

NT

The fitting is the wrong size for the pipe.
Or are you shoving superheated steam down the pipe?