Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro[_5_] Jethro[_5_] is offline

Default Damaged soil pipe - easy repair ?

Finally fitter the combined toilet & waste pipe to the back of the
cloakroom toilet yesterday. As I was disassembling it, the flared lip
on the ceramic pipe that comes out of the ground cracked, leaving
about 60 degrees of the pipe flush (no pun intended) to the ground.

I managed to cope by getting an extension pipe, pushing that into the
soil pipe, and then fitting the toilet outlet into that.

However, it got me thinking, is there any easy way to deal with this
damage, like some form of sleeve ? Or is the proper job to break the
old pipe out, and replace ... not easy in this case as it's a concrete
floor.