Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default tile vs vinyl flooring in the bathroom

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:53:40 -0700, Robert Neville
wrote:

mm wrote:

I've noticed this. The tub and all my sinks but the kitchen and
laundry sinks have overflows, but they seem to accomplish very little,
compared to the size of the opening and how big I know the passageways
are.

On my list of things to do is make some sort of measurement of how
much water will flow through each overflow.

Given the extremely low volume of water allowed by EnergyStar these days (bath
faucets are less than 1.75gpm now), my guess is that the sink overflows will be
able to handle it with no problem. Bathtubs are a different story, but the
overflow there is significantly larger.

My house precedes energystar. But the overflow doesn't do well on
removing overflow.

My bathtub wasn't running even at 1.75 gpm when it overflowed. It was
off, except the washer was bad and something between a trickle and a
tiny stream was running, and the overflow coudln't even handle that.
Yes, it's strange. I don't know why. I took the overflow apart
afterwards and didn't find anything unusual in it. And the drain
works well. It's a mystery.