Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Why don't ovens have temp gauges

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 20:27:20 -0800 (PST), Van
wrote:

I mean the average residential oven. I've never seen one with a temp
gauge. Is it because the oven manufacturers don't want you to know
how inaccurate their ovens are compared with the setting on the knob?

My girlfriend long ago moved to a very small apartment in a very
expensive n'hood, and her stove didn't have a temp setting on the
oven, just a valve. I got her an oven thermometer and said I wanted
to borrow it for a day or two to see if my oven temp matched my oven
setting.

She didn't want to lend it to me, and sort of called me an Indian
giver.

Earlier I had replaced the dial string on her radio and had her buy
the package of dial string. I wanted to keep what was left, but she
said it was hers and I couldn't have it.

But she was fun while it lasted.