Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Tips for Lufkin #1671A automatic center punch?

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:40:07 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 2/13/2011 2:02 PM, Ned Simmons wrote:

I have a General #79 here, and the tip has a 3-56 thread. I also have
a Starrett 18-A, and though the tip doesn't unscrew easily, it appears
outwardly identical to the General. That's because when I broke the
General's tip I think I replaced it with a Starrett tip.

Hey Thanks! I didn't want to order one of each and find (my luck) that
none of them worked... Did you order an 18A tip for the General? I'd
rather have a Starrett tip, but the General tip would work tons better
than no tip at all! G

I don't remember exactly, but I probably ordered what was available
from McMaster or MSC with the hopes it would fit. I didn' t have the
Starrett punch at the time, so couldn't have checked to see if they
were interchangeable.

--
Ned Simmons