Posted to alt.home.repair
dilbert firestorm dilbert firestorm is offline

Default brace / bracket without pre-drilled holes - truck bed rail flag project

anyone know where I can get a corner brace (1"W x 1"W x 5" L x .125"
thick) and a T-brace or L-brace (1"W x 5"L x 5"L x .125" thick) or
without pre-drilled holes?

I've looked at Home Depot & Lowes. while they do have the above
mentioned brackets. the corner brace & the T-brace need to be mated,
but the problem with them is the pre-drilled holes do not match and they
have too many holes, (6 holes each), for my liking when I only need 3.

It is for a truck car-flag bed-rail project.

What I'm trying to do is put a car flag which is designed to be used on
a window of a vehicle on a bed rail of my truck. I've done a prototype
using Home Depot parts. basically I've mated the T-brace & L-brace to
two flags with a hose bracket. the T/L braces needs to be mated to
corner brace which would be set horizontally on the bed rail. and a
rubber strip would be added to the brace as buffer between bedrail &
brace. Just so that no ones get confused about the T-brace & L-brace
flags, they won't be mounted on one corner brace, but on two.

Please don't mention emachineshop.com, they charge an arm & a leg for
something like this. They have parts store if I want to try to sell
it, but I'm not sure there is anyone interested in something like this.

oh, the flags are sports related and will have a USA flag (I need to buy
a new one, its looking very tattered).

also, I have a hand drill, how do I do counter-sunk holes? they need to
be able to fit flat head screws/bolts.

comments welcome

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!