Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DIY magnetic bend brake - was "Magnabend"

amdx wrote:
You have room to add another coil on each core. ...
That is "if you don't saturate the iron core".
I have no clue where you are an the saturation curve.

Right ... I don't either. Now that I have my scope working again, I
should look into it (I had forgotten what I got my scope out for & this
was it).

But consider this: assume that in normal use, the xformer runs near
saturation (otherwise there is "wasted" iron in the core). Which means
that normal current in the primary saturates. At 1.5kw & 120v the
primary current would be 12A, more or less. Or .75A in the secondary
(2000:120 turns ratio). I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure
that as a MOTE, I'm running it higher than that.

Bob