Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home zinc plating

On 2011-02-13, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 07:41:17 -0600, Ignoramus15263
wrote:

Has anyone tried zinc plating stuff at home, and if so, how successful
was it.

I zinc plate a lot of my steel projects, particularly those with
metal-to-metal contact. It's quite easy to do if you can follow
simple directions. I use materials from Caswell Plating.

[ ... ]

www.caswellplating.com

I designed and built an adjustable constant-current supply. It can be
set anywhere from 10 mA to 1.5 amps -- most of my projects are small
enough to easily fit in a 2-gallon bucket. Before I made that supply
I used a variac, battery charger and ammeter.

Out of curiosity -- what is the voltage compliance of this CC
power supply? Likely one of the lab supplies that I have would do for
the task for reasonable sized objets.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564