Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default dc motor speed control

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:00:44 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 13, 8:03*am, Karl Townsend
wrote:

The electric spout turner on my snowblower is blowing fuses...again.

Karl

The reason the fuses are blowing is that the spout is too hard to
turn. Maybe there is a geared speed reduction that is out of lube, or
something like that. Might be worth taking a look before putting in a
lot of effort to change out the motor.

Dan

Duh. No ****. Works great when dry and lubed. Go out in -20 temp. and
40 wind snowstorm and it breaks. I've basically got the above
mentioned wiper motor. I'm tired of fuzting with it. Give me more
power Scotty.

I will shear pin it, but it needs to be able to crush ice on the
gears.