Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default "Door open" during wash on Whirlpool washing machine - simple repair?

In article , Andy
Burns writes
Skipweasel wrote:

One will be a power feed to heat the bimetal strip that operates the
delay. Probably. Take it apart and have a look.

Why do washing machines have such a *long* delay on the door mechanism
these days? I've had three Hotpoint W/D over the past 25 years, the
first two you could open the door the second the drum had stopped, the
present one is about a three minute delay ... very annoying.

Although I can't find a ref for it I have a dim recollection of it being
a legislated safety requirement, hence why they all have it and the
minimum 2 minute period being common to all.
--
fred