Posted to alt.home.repair
finiteguy finiteguy is offline

Default Complicated Door Knob Replacement

On Feb 13, 10:00*am, Vic Smith
wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:38:31 -0800 (PST), finiteguy

wrote:
I have an old house with glass door knobs. The bathroom knob no longer
works properly. I bought a new replacement and when I removed the old
knob, I noticed that the bore in the door is way too small for the new
knob assembly. Should I get out a hole saw and cut a new hole? Looks
like I can really screw this up if I'm not careful.

You should take the new piece back and fix what you have.
You can find old stuff to fit.
No reason to bore new holes in old doors.

--Vic

I might do that. I can take a knob from one of my closets and swap it.
My house was built in 1947, I think its odd that they used these knobs
during that time.