Posted to uk.d-i-y
Triffid Triffid is offline

Default Quadrant Shower Enclosures

Jo wrote:
Having a very small shower room, we are looking to replace our current
shower with a 900cm quadrant shower enclosure. We do not really want
the door to open out into the room so we have looked at both
inward-opening and single sliding doors. We'd prefer the latter but
are unsure as to how durable these doors are and also how watertight.
We'd appreciate any views on this from anyone who has either models.

Personally I would recommend sliding door(s). I have an off-set quadrant
shower unit with two sliding doors and they are still very easy to open and
shut after several years of use. Our two sliding doors have a magnetic seal
where they meet - and are 100% waterproof.

I find the folding doors, even in showrooms, are often stiff and difficult
to open and shut.

--
Triff