Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default How to properly dispose of CFLs

On 2/12/2011 7:55 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
Higgs wrote:

On Feb 12, 2:50 pm, wrote:
Roy wrote:
On Feb 12, 2:02 pm, wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
Good question. In my area:
http://www.northhempsteadny.gov/cont...4435/5474.aspx
Fourth on the list.
In yours:
The City of Houston will accept fluorescent light bulbs and tubes from
residents at the North and South Environmental Service Centers and the
Westpark Consumer Recycling Center.
For more information and directions found via the links below...
ESC North
5614 Neches, Building C
ZIP Code 77026
ESC South
11500 South Post Oak
ZIP Code 77035
Westpark CRC
5900 Westpark
ZIP Code 77057
Why would I take a burned-out (or whatever keeps them from functioning)
CFL
to my recycling center when I could mail it to my congressman along
with a
note saying "You know what you can do with this!"
To prove you are smarter than a brick??

==
Better to waste $5 on fuel to recycle a bulb which cost $2.50...what a
system...how can one lose? Better to save them up until you have a box
full and ship them all to your elected rep who helped pass the stupid
laws that supposedly saved the environment and energy costs by the
banning of most incandescent bulbs.
==

Who cares about the environment or the future. Let the kids and
grandkids handle our stupidity.

Do your kids and grandkids know what kind of world you are planning to
leave them?

HB

Good lord. How hard does the hammer of sarcasm have to whack your head
before you recognize it?

LOL, thanks for the smile.