Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Battery acid

On 02/12/2011 11:26 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:19:08 -0500, wrote:

wrote the following:
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:51:43 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:59:16 -0500,
wrote:

I have a flashlight that leaked battery acid. Is there any way to
dissolve this acid or just scrape it off as best I can.

mild solution of baking soda will dissolve it. you can also use
ammonia

My description was wrong the flashlight is a Maglite LED three cell
with Duracell alkaline batteries. Thanks for all who replied for your
help.

I had the same problem with a 3 D cell capacity Maglight. I filled it
with white vinegar. You can see the bubbling as the vinegar neutralizes
the acid.

With alkaline batteries?

well, yes, because vinegar is an acid.

nate