Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Quadrant Shower Enclosures

On 12/02/2011 22:19, fred wrote:
In article , Skipweasel
writes
In article ,
says...
We'd prefer the latter but are unsure as to how
durable these doors are and also how watertight.

Watertight - no problem. There's a fin vertically down the far end of
each door which presses firmly against a return on the frame upright.
The join between the doors is a magnetic strip - like a fridge.

Ours has never leaked.

As for durability - the only problem we had was the rubber buffers that
stop the doors in the right place pushed through the screws and split.
Easy to fix - just carved a couple from a bit of softish plastic.

I've also seen a sliding door setup (1 on each glazed side, half width)
where one is closed first, then the other and a convex surface on one
edge meets a concave one on the other and the seal is made, no rubber to
degrade and no leaks.

Setup is about six years old and runs freely.

The shower head was deliberately positioned so that the flow did not
directly play on the joint.

Ours has 2 doors which meet in the centre when closed. Each door has a U
section seal where the U grips the glass. Seal is magnetic and because
it is some sort of plastic it can be adjusted on the glass so it meets
perfectly from top to bottom.