stuart noble

Default Victorian damp and chemical DPC failure

Andrew Gabriel wrote in message ...

Where wall was damp and I thought I might have rising or
penetrating damp near ground level, I have replastered with a
sand/cement/lime/waterproofer scratch coat and regular finish
coat. This has stopped the inside surface of the wall being
damp.

I've often wondered whether it's the re-plastering, rather than the dpc
injection that normally accompanies it, that does the job.

I have also installed central heating. There were a couple of
areas of north facing walls where damp was higher up, and I
positioned radiators in those areas of the rooms. I suspect
the damp was probably condensation, but it's not impossible
that it was penetrating damp. I just reskimmed over the
original plaster in these areas, and they have stayed dry too
since.

We've had quite a long dry spell though......