Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Accu-Link adjustable link belt?

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 05:03:10 -0800 (PST), Tim Shoppa
wrote:

Years ago I built a nice mechanism that put a belt through some insane
twists and turns and routing through inaccessible holes and used this
kind of linkable belt called "Accu-Link".

I'm looking for similar stuff today and only see it at harbor freight.
Is there anywhere else to buy it? Nothing against harbor freight for
their usual Chinese junk but I need to find an actual industrial
equipment supplier/distributor that carries it. e.g. Mcmaster-Carr or
Grainger. Maybe they have it but using a different name? They have
plastic ANSI chain but that doesn't survive this kind of twisting.

A quick google gave me Peachtree, Grizzly, Amazon, and Rockler, Tim.
http://www.google.com/search?q=link-belt

The red stuff is Fenner Power-Twist, and the green Accu-Link. I've
used the green from HF for a decade without fail.

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.