Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Quadrant Shower Enclosures

On 12/02/2011 19:34, Jo wrote:
Having a very small shower room, we are looking to replace our current
shower with a 900cm quadrant shower enclosure. We do not really want the
door to open out into the room so we have looked at both inward-opening and
single sliding doors. We'd prefer the latter but are unsure as to how
durable these doors are and also how watertight.
We'd appreciate any views on this from anyone who has either models.

Jo

My mother has a quadrant with a folding door. I don't know whether it is
poor quality or poorly installed but the nylon sliders are so poor that
I regularly put silicone spray on it or she would not be able to close it.
We have a Merlyn Black Box offset quadrant with sliding curved doors.
They are on wheels and slide beautifully. Very easy to install.

Neither leak.

Make sure that the tray is rigidly supported. Our floor gives a bit so I
have finally used TeleSeal10 to seal between the tray and enclosure.