Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Watchdog primary/back up combo sump pump any good?

On Feb 11, 11:24*pm, ransley wrote:
On Feb 11, 1:31*pm, Mikepier wrote:

I am installing a sump pump in my basement and was shopping around for
a sump pump at Lowes when the Watchdog combo pump caught my eye. Seems
like a good idea, but anyone know how good they are? *The only problem
I see if one goes bad ,you have to change out the whole unit .Am I
better off putting a seperate primary and backup in the pit?

If its battery powered than its a craphoot and a dedecated water
powered pump from Zoeller or Basepump is mich better, thats if you
have citty water, battery stuff is is a total joke at Hd.

Yeah, I saw the Zoeller pump too. That looked interesting.
I have city water so it would be no problem. I read it takes 1 gallon
of city water to remove 1 gallon in the pit.
I was also thinking about getting a small generator and just hooking
that up if the power went out, but of course now you have to be home
when that happens.

For now, i just want to get this pit in the ground and put in a
primary pump. I just finished sheetrocking my basement and before I go
any further spackling/painting, I want to shift my priority to the
pump.
Around here we only get a little water if there is a sustained period
of rain. So far it has happened twice in five years. Prior to that, my
neighbors said it never happened before, so although rare, it can
happen.