Posted to alt.home.repair
Briggs Engine Briggs Engine is offline

Default Snowblower engine needs choke to run smoothly

To set this all straight the carburetor that is on your engine does not
have any type of adjustment on it, it has a fixed main jet with no
adjustment screws. If you engine is still surging slightly when idling
that will be normal. The only thing you will want to worry about is if
it surging under load. If it is surging while under load there is an
issue at hand. I would check like the said the intake gaskets. The
engine that you have since it is a snow engine will not have an air
filter on it, it may however have a screen over the throat of the
carburetor. The engines are not set lean from the factory, this type of
a running condition could cause serious damage to the inside of the
engine. I hope that this was able to assist you with the questions that
you have.

If you have any further questions call our engine Answer Center at
800-444-7774, M-F 8-5PM CST.

For Briggs & Stratton Branded Power Products questions call our Answer
Center at 800-743-4115, M-F 8-5PM CST.

--
Briggs Engine
Message origin: TRAVEL.com