Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default Nuisance fastners - winge

On 2011-02-12, Sylvia Else wrote:

It's an interesting idea. I'll have to look at what size pots are
available (and how much they weigh) next time I'm at the hardware store.

Mind you, plywood doesn't come cheap

If you want to save money go second-hand. eg: the powdercoated
zinc-alume treated sheet steel front off a dead washing machine
can probably had for a few bucks (if not less) from a scrap-metal
place , recycle market, or appliance repairer.

A demolition yard will probably have used flooring ply "cheap".
19mm (typical flooring thickness) is probably overkill strength-wise
but should fit the winbdow track ok.

Another thing you can do is ask in the wood part of the hardware shop for a
coversheet. Coversheets are the factory soiled sheets of ply (or mdf etc)
that are used to protect the top and bottom sheets in the stack during
shipping. 2.4x1.2m so youll need be prepared to transport something
that big. they will usually be significantly cheaper as they can't be used
for the normal purpose of the product.

--
š‚šƒ 100% natural