Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Sylvia Else[_2_] Sylvia Else[_2_] is offline

Default Nuisance fastners - winge

On 2011-02-11, Sylvia wrote:

A conventional pedestal fan blows in such a direction that when it's
placed as near as possible to a window, the fan blades are still
quite a
way from the cool air, and so the result is not as effective as it
might
be. If I could reverse the direction of flow, then I could also turn
then fan around, so that the blades would be much closer to the window.

I considered simply building a duct, but the cost of materials was
excessive.

I guess you didn't consider cardboard and packing tape then
or a cheap plastic bucket?

The fan is too big for a plastic bucket. I considered cardboard but it
was far from clear to me that it was going to be strong enough without
bracing that would further complicate the task.

This isn't a research project. I was looking for a solution that would
definitely work, and be robust.

Sylvia.

Would this work?

http://www.fanmanufacturers.com/imag...l_fan_img4.jpg

Looks just the job. Do they come with a through glass mounting kit?

Sylvia.