Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default External Firewire CD Burner

On 2/11/2011 3:25 PM, Joe wrote:
I have a Que Fire, model QPS-525. I would like to remove the Teac CD
burner and replace it with a bare Combo drive (CD Read/Write and DVD
Read). How do I open that plastic case that encloses the drive? The only
visible screws are very small ones on the back that look like they only
hold the on/off switch and the firewire ports to a black plastic panel.
Thanks.

If it is similar to the other Que's that I've had, the
"accent colored" pieces (wrap over each side and another
on the front) snap off. Once they are off, you'll understand
how to *get* them off (catch-22) -- hard to explain, here.
(putting them on, you kind of have to *hook* one half and
then "stretch" the other half -- of each *piece* -- until
it clicks into place)

IIRC, once these are off, the top and bottom halves of the
shell separate.

Just remember: plastic breaks!

I can't recall the role of the screws you mentioned. Can't
hurt to take them out *first* and see what else loosens up.

You should probably test new drive cabled into the case
*before* reassembling.

HTH,
--don