Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tile vs vinyl flooring in the bathroom

On Feb 11, 1:50*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Feb 10, 6:06*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

.. .

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 17:37:18 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

OK so i'm still debating...ceramic tile or vinyl flooring in the
bathroom

ceramic is harder to put in. grout tends to mildew. and it cracks

but it LOOKS great

vinyl is easier...waterproof but doesnt look as good

any opinions??

Well, I learned here that ceramic tile is not waterproof. *I guess the
tile is but water can seep through the grout, right. *I rarely get the
floor wet, and the one time the bathtub overflowed....

How does a tub overflow? Seriously. Weren't there grownups in the house?

Some tubs do not have outlets. *My soaking tub (not porcelain - some
kind of synthetic *-- has NO place for overflow to go. *Shouldn't this
be required?

HB- Hide quoted text -

in pittsburgh a overflow is required by code for bathtubs and bathroom
sinks.....

its a great code requirement