Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Buying a used air compressor: tips?

Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
Vic wrote:

I wanted the compressor mostly for tires and sandblasting.

Any decent sized blast cabinet equipped with a decent sized nozzle
consumes copious quantities of air, on the order of 25 cfm or more. No
home shop type units can supply that continuously. I do have a blast
cabinet and get good service from it, but it's short duty cycle stuff.

Hi,
One reason I bought one is to blow out the sprinkler system every fall.
I got a dual cylinder belt driven compressor with 30 Gal. tank. It is
good enough to work on the cars, air for tires, replacing rims for
seasonal change, etc. But sand blasting really needs industrial grade
I think.