Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default key ring where to buy?

In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:

On 02/10/2011 11:21 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
Nate wrote:

2008 Impala.

Hard to believe that the standard "double twist" of the key in the
driver's door doesn't unlock them all.

How would that work if the battery's dead? (I don't know if it does at
all; I usually use the fob and don't remember anything about that in the
manual)

actually have had dead battery in car once when something went bad in
shifter mech and key would not turn past "acc" - drained batt. in a
couple hours

nate

Completely dead, no, but I've never had a battery go so dead that an
accessory item like an electric lock wouldn't work. Usually when someone
says "dead battery" in a car, they mean too weak to supply cranking
current to the starter.