Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Bad Tenants

In article ,
Ashton Crusher wrote:

I can only speak for the laws here in AZ but if you are worried about
being able to get rid of them just rent on month to month leases. If
you start to see problems, either in them paying the rent on time, or
in keeping up the place, just give them their "30-day" notice. If
they stay past that you'll have to take them to court for eviction,
not much you can do about that part, no matter what you do you can't
physically throw people out, only the court can authorize it and then
you have to have the sheriff or constable do it.

A landlord in a city in which I own a rental house offered that when he
has trouble with tenants, he would go to the house while they were home,
and remove all the exterior doors and drive away with them, saying that
he was going to repaint them. Tenants usually vacated promptly.