Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Reclaiming lead

toolbreaker wrote:

I hate to be a stick in the mud here but if the State or Federal EPA
gets wind of what you are planning to do all H&*@ will break out and
you could see big fines and possible jail time.

Laws were just changed last year requiring full bunny suit and
hazards
waste disposal for the paint chips if the house has lead paint..
Get
caught breaking the rules and the contractor/homeowner sees $33k/day
in fines. You are talking about tons of lead and lead dust.

EPA or OSHA rules. Our club has no paid members so we are exempt from OSHA. We had an
encounter with a MiOSHA type that was checking up on high lead levels on a member that
*thought* he was getting a lead blood screening to be safe under the doctor patient
privilege. Not so. High levels are automatically reported to the State of Michigan.

This person is a hard core shooter, bullet caster, and has his own indoor range.
Definitely in the 99.xxx% of shooters. Where his lead level came from is hard to tell.

We had a MiOSHA guy intent on throwing his weight around, eventually after some lawyer
time, we sent him packing. So much for doctor patient confidentiality and that was pre
Obama.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller