Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Quiet a Piezo Transducer

petrus bitbyter wrote:
"Jim schreef
in bericht ...
In a typical piezo (noise maker) transducer, will a series R knock
down the amplitude?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Suppose so, when it's driven by some voltage source anyway. The energy
dissipated by the resistor will not be transduced into noise.

petrus bitbyter

It couldn't generate any sound unless its input impedance has a
resisitive component--it would violate conservation of energy. (And
even a pure capacitor would see a decrease in voltage swing if a series
resistance were added.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--