Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Electronics Cookbook(?)

Joel Koltner wrote:
"Alan Corey" wrote in message
Don Lancaster rings a bell, I'll try that.

Don has written a lot of good books, and I've only read a small sampling
of them, but I'd be rather surprised to learn that he had any that discuss
"building blocks" of radios or whatever all the way down to the
small-signal model level (i.e., providing equations for the input
impedance of a grounded base amplifier, as you mentioned).

I've owned a couple of Don's cookbooks, and it seems that he assumes you
already know enough basic electronics to get the stuff hooked up. I think
the two I had were "the TTL cookbook" and either an opamp cookbook or active
filter cookbook, but nothing about "this is a transistor," "how to solder,"
or any of the really basic stuff.

My recommendation would probably be to search the web for stuff like "basic
electronics tutorial," or whatever, the operative word being "tutorial."

Cheers!
Rich