Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT- Peak Uranium

In message , newshound
writes
One of the reasons I went into the nuclear power business in 1970 was
the '60s prediction that oil was going to run out in the 1980's. When
it didn't, I became kind of skeptical about forecasters. Some of the
models are better than others of course, but it's the ridiculously
simple Club of Rome type models that ignore feedback from market prices
which get the coverage.

Uranium sources are geographically dispersed. The world economy is
becoming more integrated and potential suppliers will always want to
trade on a commercial basis. I don't see the French or Chinese making
the mistake of running out of uranium.

Also the price of oil has meant that its not been economically necessary
to really get so involved in uranium

--
geoff