Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Alan Corey Alan Corey is offline

Default Electronics Cookbook(?)

Phil Hobbs wrote:
Alan Corey wrote:
Martin Riddle wrote:
"Alan Corey" wrote in message
I'm looking for a copy of a book I used to have back in the 1980s. It
was orange, paperback, maybe 6x8 x 1/2 inches. I think the title was
just Electronics Cookbook. I don't remember who wrote it, maybe
Forest Nims.

It had basic circuits: amplifiers, oscillators, etc. of different
types. There were 2 pages or so devoted to each circuit, the
advantages, disadvantages, how to optimize for different parameters,
typical input and output impedances. It was mostly linear/analog
circuitry.

If I could find out the exact title and author's name, maybe an ISBN
number, I could look on eBay or Amazon or somwhere.

Anyone remember what the output impedance of a grounded-gate FET
preamp is? This book would have it.

Thanks,

Alan AB1JX

I do recall a Orange cookbook, Then they had shrunk it down to the
smaller handbooks found in RS.

Cheers

Thanks..I had worked at a Radio Shack in the late 70s and probably
pilfered it from their shelves. Are you sure of the title and author's
name? I don't see it at Amazon (at the moment). Mostly what I found is
the RSGB book, so I bought one of those. Nice, but not what I'm looking
for.

Was that the one with the aircraft-band crystal radio, one-transistor
carbon-mike megaphone, and tunnel-diode FM wireless mike? I've been
looking for a copy of that one for ages--I had it when I was about 10
(1969), but it fell apart and eventually got thrown out. No idea who
wrote it or what the title was.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I doubt it. There weren't many complete projects in this book. What
was unique about it was that it presented building blocks for different
circuits and told how to optimize make them work together. If you
wanted to build a receiver for instance you might look at amplifiers for
an RF amp, then oscillators for the first oscillator, then mixers for
the first mixer, amplifiers for IF amps, detectors for a detector, audio
power amps for driving a speaker. There were a few complete projects
toward the back but they weren't very interesting, I don't remember what
they were.

Alan