Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Buying a used air compressor: tips?

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:07:13 -0500, wrote:

Look around in the IR web site and get the installation/user manual
PDF. I bet they recommend this should be on a 20a dedicated circuit.
I have a similar compressor and that is what my book says.

No recommendation except call an electrician.

http://www.irtechpubs.com/ir_pdfs/Co...r/80444425.pdf

If you have an amp of lights on a 15a you are pushing it. I guess
pulling in another circuit is going be hard.

Might not be for an electrician. Don't know why I spent at least 50
bucks on fish tapes. Maybe I'll use them some day.
I was going to pull 220 to the garage for a compressor some years ago.
My brother said I could have a problem with corroded conduit.
It's 1/2" I think, and underground the 30' from house to garage.
So I just never got around to tackling it.
Maybe I never needed the compressor so much?

But thanks. You mentioning 20a made me check my circuit box.
Thought it was all 15's but there are four 20's..
When it's dark and my wife is home I'll turn on the garage door light
on have her watch while I trip the 20's.
Maybe I'm good to go.
Now, do I really need that compressor.

--Vic