Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Cu plumbing valves - what's this mess?

Jules Richardson wrote in
:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:14:34 +0000, Red Green wrote:
D goes to a toilet

Hmm, I would say Rick's correct - although I'm (slightly) surprised
that the mixing valve takes in water from one end and halfway down,
and the output is at the other end. Maybe that's right, I just would
have guessed that the "inputs" at at the two ends and the output is in
the middle (with some form of sliding valve internally to control the
mix ratio).

Are there arrows or anything on the valve body to indicate that it was
installed correctly? If it was put in wrong then as things are
currently I expect it's acting like a valve that's half closed :-)
(and if it was put in wrong then maybe that explains why the hot
feed's been taken out!)

cheers

Jules

Hey, anything is possible.

Consider to name a couple of things - the old toilet was in with lag bolts
& the flex supply to the toilet inlet whent through the floor and connected
to a shutoff in the basement.