Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Cu plumbing valves - what's this mess?

"Rick" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
House from the 50's.

Not much of a plumber but just looking, seems a lot of hacking over
time.

What is item B?
What's it for if name is not self descriptive?
Nut on side - a drain?
Nut on top?

http://oi52.tinypic.com/deuult.jpg

Pipe to left of B is cold water coming in, hence the arrow marking.

D goes to a toilet

C goes no place. It's capped off out of pic.

A is a Beacon Mixing Valve 69. There's an adjustment screw on the
other side. Web says:
"To operate: by turning the adjusting knob to the right
(clockwise) you can increase the water temperature; to lower the
water temperature, turn the knob to the left (counterclockwise)"

Don't know what there is a mixing valve there for. It's all cold
water. Guessing it had a former use.

Unless B has a current function I'm guessing the whole mess from B to
right
could be removed and 1/2" Cu direct to toilet????

B is a check valve, C went to hot water, to keep toilet tank from
sweating.

So I take it B should remain and all to the right can be plumbed straight
to the new toilet?