Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Telephone Tip/Ring Question

David Lesher wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Pick up a Lorain Products SubCycle to make the
20 Hz. you'll need.

Digikey was selling a small ring generator module, the last time I
looked.

That's no fun; a SubCycle will make a nice hum, and it's 100%
short circuit proof; an elegant piece of magnetics...

It's heavy and wastes energy. It's big, and the ones I have laying
around have nice, sharp corners. Not everyone likes things to hum
mindlessly. If it didn't bother anyone, there would be no need for kill
filters on usenet.

There was one in every 1A2 phone system, and I've junked about 100 of
them.

Teflon coated.