Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strain relief for electrical cord on old appliance?

On 2/9/2011 3:27 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 2/8/2011 7:25 AM, deadgoose wrote:
The early plugs were designed to be used with an "Underwriter's Knot"
for strain relief.

Here is a link to a pictu

http://www.robertacory.com/RobertaCo...es/Page412.htm

Handy to know...

/paul W3FIS

I've seen reproduction electrical items from a company that copies
old fixtures for interior decorating and the cost of the reproduction
cloth covered cords is outrageous. Of course, I would expect the new
reproduction wire to be superior to the old cloth and rubber but DANG!

TDD

I used to deal a lot with "Antique Electronics Supply" before they were
bought out and went wild with their prices. (about 20? years ago) I did
a search and this place looks very competitive with a great selection!

http://www.sundialwire.com/clothcoveredwire-1.aspx

COOL! Thanks for that link. I made a new bookmark category "Electrical,
Vintage & Reproduction" There are lots of folks who have old items they
want repaired/restored who have the money to pay for it. :-)

I can't imagine the cost of wiring a theme restaurant or bar with knob
and tube wiring. It would be a very interesting undertaking(no pun). :-)

TDD