Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Electronics Cookbook(?)

"Alan Corey" wrote in message
Martin Riddle wrote:
"Alan Corey" wrote in message
I'm looking for a copy of a book I used to have back in the 1980s. It
was orange, paperback, maybe 6x8 x 1/2 inches. I think the title was
just Electronics Cookbook. I don't remember who wrote it, maybe Forest
Nims.

It had basic circuits: amplifiers, oscillators, etc. of different types.
There were 2 pages or so devoted to each circuit, the advantages,
disadvantages, how to optimize for different parameters, typical input
and output impedances. It was mostly linear/analog circuitry.

If I could find out the exact title and author's name, maybe an ISBN
number, I could look on eBay or Amazon or somwhere.

Anyone remember what the output impedance of a grounded-gate FET preamp
is? This book would have it.

Thanks,

Alan AB1JX

I do recall a Orange cookbook, Then they had shrunk it down to the
smaller handbooks found in RS.

Cheers

Thanks..I had worked at a Radio Shack in the late 70s and probably
pilfered it from their shelves. Are you sure of the title and author's
name? I don't see it at Amazon (at the moment). Mostly what I found is
the RSGB book, so I bought one of those. Nice, but not what I'm looking
for.

There's always the Graf & Sheets Encyclopedia of Electronic Circuits (6
vols) floating about in the world wide swamp, they're lousy scans and one
volume even has a page with the horizontal hold gone awry.

The accompanying text with each circuit is pretty minimal too.