Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Dishwasher TSP

Pavel314 wrote:
A while back I posted my problem with the dishwasher and received many
good tips. Thank you all. My wife especially wanted me to thank those
who suggested adding TSP to the new "imprived" dishwashing detergent.
Half a tablespoon works wonders.

By strange coincidence, the cover story of the January 31 issue of the
"Weekly Standard" was "Why Your Dishwasher Doesn't Work Anymore."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...ns_536862.html

Paul

Consumer Reports (Sept 2010) ran a comparison of the new dishwasher
detergents. The Weekly Standard article quotes Consumer Reports that
none were as good as one previous detergent, but neglects to mention
that 7 were rated "very good". You might want to look at the review.
There are still products out there that work.

As the article said, phosphates were limited in laundry detergents over
15 years ago.

The Weekly standard article also says the government will "outlaw
incandescent bulbs in a few years", which has often been debunked by Don
Klipstein in this newsgroup. A few very common wattages are banned, but
even for those there are holes.

--
bud--