Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Deoxit on "pots"?

In article ,
Fred wrote:

I'll put your mind at ease. It's simply not true.

Thanks for the real-world feedback, Fred - it's good to hear.

A bit of Googling on the subject of "WD-40 sticky" suggests that the
problem with stickiness developing, seems to involve use of too-large
amounts of WD-40 in situations where the lubricated device is exposed
to significant amounts of dust and dirt in use (e.g. pocket knives,
hand tools, etc). The residual oil (the nonvolatile part of WD-40) is
apparently rather viscous, and can be prone to pick up dust/dirt and
form a sticky sludge under these conditions.

In a mostly-sealed potentiometer, inside a mostly-sealed electronic
cabinet, this probably would not be an issue.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO